© COPYRIGHT 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
In this survey, children were offered a choice: eat one cookie (sometimes marshmallows) now or wait 15 minutes and get more sweets. After 10 years, scientists have found that children who were able to wait for the promised reward, life was more prosperous.
It is very difficult to change something in yourself, because it is a long and difficult process. However, you have to go through it if you want to succeed. Through research and personal experimentation, I have found habits that help change lives for the better.
1. Wake up early I am convinced that everyone should improve the habit of getting up earlier. However, in today's world it is not so easy to do that. There are many reasons why you cannot wake up at five in the morning, but you do not have to be a hero. It is enough to work out the right balance between sleeping hours and wakefulness.
If you usually wake up at 8:00, but want to get up two hours earlier — try to set the alarm at 7:45. Hold out for a couple of days. Then reduce the time by another 15 minutes. And so on until you get up at 6:00. Along with this, you can change your evening habits and start to go to bed a little earlier.
2. Drink water This is an obligatory requirement, because during the night the body loses its supply of fluid, and it needs to be replenished. A morning glass of water triggers the metabolism and helps the body to wake up.
3. Make the bed Let this thing to be the first achievement that will start your day. As the successful American writer Tim Ferris says: “No matter what awaits you today, you can always make your bed”. This simple but powerful ritual will give you a slight sense of pride and allow you to focus on more important things.
4. Make a stretch It will lead to muscle tone. Stretching will take no more than two minutes, but the effect of it will surprise you.
5. Do some sports It can be anything: gym, yoga, zumba, hiking, jogging or jumping on a trampoline. You just need to move, because physical activity:
6. Take a contrast shower This shower will not only give you a feeling of freshness and a surge of strength, but also significantly improve the physical and mental condition. It is especially pleasant to do it after training.
7. Drink coffee or tea Both of these drinks are beneficial to the body and help to concentrate. Besides, it's always nice to start your day with a cup of something hot.
8. Follow a healthy diet Think of your body as a machine. If you want it to be in good condition as long as possible, take care.
The biggest problem is people only think about the short term. It is necessary not just to follow a diet from time to time. You need to change your food by choosing the most useful diet for you.
9. Think about yesterday There is a proverb: «An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening». During the day we accumulate too many experiences, and we can no longer look at things soberly in the evening. Try to analyze the past day in the morning. So you can understand what you did right and where you made a mistake.
10. Be grateful After analyzing the previous day, focus on the present. Think about the things you are grateful for. This will allow you to recharge with positive energy.
11. Start a diary Let the phrase «Dear diary... » sounds like a cliché, but such records — a great therapeutic technique that helps to throw the garbage out of your head. Write down all your thoughts, ideas and worries.
12. Be in a state of «here and now»Choose a time to calm your mind. Let it be 5, 10 or 20 minutes. If meditation is not for you, try something else: drawing or playing guitar, it doesn't matter. The main thing — do something that will distract you from the bustle.
13. Set goals for yourself This is important because it allows you to focus on specific things. Targets work like a camera lens. If you set it correctly and focused, you can see a clear picture.
Set specific goals for yourself for the coming year, and then go back to them every morning and check what you have done to achieve them.
14. Visualize your goals Once you have decided what you want to achieve, imagine it. Add details to your dream, try to feel the moment when you fulfill it.
Don't think it works like a magic wand. No matter how you tried, Ferrari will not appear near your home tomorrow. Visualization is one side of the coin, hard work and dedication are different.
15. Develop a strategy You need a plan to achieve your goals . Think about… what should you do? For how long? What difficulties may appear on your way?
16. Set priorities for the day They should be based on your strategy. Ideally, you need to choose three or five doings that will bring you closer to your goal.
17. Read a book No matter what genre you prefer, reading is great for stimulating your imagination. Each book has at least one good idea that you can get the inspiration from. Find it and focus on it.
18. Learn something new To achieve something, you need to constantly evolve, learn something. This can be done with books, podcasts, or useful videos. As with habits, you should focus on useful skills that will help you in the future.
19. Work on your long-term goals Do priority tasks in the morning when you are full of energy and enthusiasm. It does not matter whether you are studying, pursuing a career or business. Find a place, remove all distractions, and do the thing that will be benefit for you.
20. Check your email and social networks After you are done with the main things, you can browse the news feed or check your email. But don't let the Internet grab all your attention. Focus on the important things.
21. Do your favorite thing It’s like your reward for your efforts. Find something that resonates in your heart. What you love and what you are ready to give yourself over to it completely.
22. Catch the inspiration It can be anything: a mantra, a video or a motivating article. It really works.
23. Spend time with close people Devote yourself to this 100%, and then you will get an incredible boost of energy and motivation. Give your loved ones at least 30 minutes in the morning. If you live alone, just drink morning cup of coffee with friend. You can spend this time even alone, if it’s better or comfortable.
There is something special about waking up early and starting to work on yourself. Of course, with the acquisition of useful habits and skills you will envelop a sense of pride.
I have put together an impressive list, but you don't need to include all the items in your morning ritual. Choose what is better for you. And don't forget to work hard. The changes will be gradual, so don't expect wealth and fame a week later.
Just work on yourself and you will achieve the impossible things. :)