© COPYRIGHT 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Bodily practices, lucid dreaming, extreme sports, yoga, martial arts and meditation help to dive into the "now". The state of full presence that you experience during these sessions becomes a habit. In this way, you raise mindfulness.
What the practice of mindfulness gives?
1. The success and effectiveness Mindfulness is a switch that triggers the growth of other parameters of a successful life. You will be able to negotiate, to raise personal growth and go to your targets. It is logical that the results will be much better than if you continue to do all this unconsciously. A study conducted at Harvard medical school shows that mindfulness practices make the brain function more efficiently. Mindfulness, like a tablet of NZT from the movie "Limitless", awakens the hidden resources of the brain and leads you to success.
2. Pleasure The taste of the food will be brighter if you do not watch the movie simultaneously, and eat, focusing on the moment. Sex is better if you do not think about work and etc. The problem is that we are prevented by thoughts to actively involve in one process entirely. Meditation will help: it increases the level of serotonin in the brain, and teaches us to stop "flow of thoughts". As a result, you actively delve into every action and get pleasure even from washing dishes.
3. Ability to concentrate Just two weeks of regular mindfulness practices significantly improves concentration, reading ability, working memory, and task-focus. Google, U.S. Marine Corps members and the UK Parliament use mindfulness meditation, yoga and other trainings to help reduce stress and improve their activity. Follow their example.
4. Healthy heart Scientifically proven: the ability to enter into a state of meditation helps to normalize high blood pressure, and thus reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Scientists attribute this to the fact that a conscious attitude to your body and health motivates people to lead a healthy lifestyle for the heart. That is, to skillfully regulate the level of stress and avoid factors that provoke heart disease: Smoking and uncontrolled eating fatty foods.
5. Longevity and a healthy mind Meditation and yoga significantly reduce the speed of cellular aging. With age, the cerebral cortex decreases in thickness and volume, speech slows down, and appear the Alzheimer's disease. Mindfulness practices stop these processes and allow you to extend the life of your body and mind. So practice if in your 60’s you want to feel at 30.
6. Harmonious relationship The experience of meditation teaches you to be more attentive to your own emotions and more accurate to read the emotions of others. In addition, you become less irritable, which helps to create a strong relationship. This is confirmed by a study conducted at the University of California, San Francisco.
Mindfulness allows you to compare partner to its predecessors and take it for what it is. And the ability to be in the current moment removes unrealistic expectations. Save yourself a ton of frustration and a whole pool of shed tears — start meditating.
7. Freedom from fears and phobias Meditation can help cure phobias from phobias and panic attacks. Regular mindfulness practice reduces activity in the right prefrontal cortex and amygdala, responsible for irrational fears. At the same time, the activity in the left prefrontal cortex, which forms a state of joy and calmness, increases.
Meditation teaches us to separate the thought "It's a spider" from the emotional reaction "It's so creepy, I'm scared!". As a result, obsessive fears fade and lose their strength.
8. Happiness Mindfulness practices have an effect comparable to the action of antidepressants, experts say. Only meditation has no side effects and is not addictive. Get rid of anxiety, stress and start to enjoy life for free and legally, isn’t it happiness?
How to get all these bonuses?
Stop distracting yourself from experiencing reality. In a state of low mindfulness of the person introduces thoughtless Internet surfing, alcohol and drug use, immersion in virtual worlds. The rejection of these activities significantly increase mindfulness, and with it — and the quality of life.
If you are ready to go even further, practice mindfulness purposefully. There are thousands of techniques for meditation while driving, jogging or drawing. With music, mantras, in a noisy shopping center or in complete silence.
If meditation is not for you, use breathing exercises or even a technique you invented. Learn how to manage dreams and you will be able to transfer this mindfulness skill into real life. Choose a practice to your liking and act. :)